Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Well, I hope everyone had a great holiday! Mine was good, for the most part!

Brian is finally clean, and doing well. He's been hanging around a lot lately and he even took me out for dinner and a movie on Friday night, it as awesome!

We had an unusual Christmas here. We actually had Christmas mornin twice. On the morning of Christmas Eve the three of us opened gifts here at my place. That afternoon my parents came and took me and Austin out to their place and we opened gifts again on Christmas morning there. The on Boxing Day we had Christmas dinner at my aunt and uncles house. Austin got spoiled with CARS stuff (from the movie). He got a comforter and sheet set for his bed, a whole bunch of the die-cast cars, a big Mac that folds out with a little race track and things, pyjamas, underwear, some Mega Bloks sets, a play cell phone. Plus a whole whack of other non-CARS stuff...two Little People farm sets, a huge bag of Mega Bloks, a bunch of books...etc....

New Year's Eve was quiet. Brian came over, Austin went to bed early, I had a couple drinks upstairs with Shannon and came back down to wath the countdown and go to bed! Nothing exciting, lol!

A week before Christmas was my birthday and between that and Christmas my parents totally spoiled me!! They took me shopping one day and I got two new pairs of runners since my soles were worn right through. Then we went to Reitmans and I got 7 shirts, two pairs of pants, a skirt, a pair of pyjamas, and a belt. Plus, over the holidays I got myself, from Reitmans, a second belt, a cute hat and scarf, a pair of earrings and a necklace! They also got me a rolling cart to put my scrap stuff in to go to crops (or two their house, lol) and a Crop-A-Dile, which I am totally in love with!! AND I had a stocking to open at their house with scrapbook stuff and a few other litte goodies in it!

So, our holidays were pretty good I'd say!!!

The last week has been pretty stressful though! I had water coming down into my scraproom again this week. I was furious, the floor in the bathroom upstairs was supposed to be fixed three months ago when this happened the first time! Then there has been issues with my dog. A friend was supposed to be looking after him for us, was to call me if there was ever any problems, and was told just two months ago that I was looking for a new place where I could have a dog and would be taking him back. Through all this I am told everything is fine, he's no problem, blah blah blah. Well, I found out just before Christmas that he GAVE HIM AWAY! To some people up the street from him. Brian moved to his prpety a couple weeks ago and told him this past week that he wants him to come back there, because he is there to take care of him now, plus I have Christmas gifts for him here (just some bones from the butcher shop which I get him every year). He said I could give him the gifts and he will pass them on to the family to give to him. Ummmm....I DON'T THINK SO!! He is MY dog and he had no right to be giving him away! He is refusing to get him back for us. Well, I'm not going to stand for that, I don't know what I will have to do, but I will do whatever it takes to get him back! I haven't slept for days now, I can't stop thinking about it and being angry about it. He says well this family has an 11 year-old and she is very happy with him, well that's great. I don't mean to sound like a b*tch, maybe I should care, but I DON'T! I have been promising my 2 year-old for two months that he is getting his dog back, how am I supposed to explain to him? He's two, he won't understand! It is HIS/OUR dog, not this girls, and no one had any right but me to give him to her. If she can't understand that at 11 then I'm sorry, that's not my problem! Anyways, obviously I am just furious about this, and I don't know what to do, but I need to stop thinking about it right now or I will be crying!

I made a couple of resolutions this year. First, I have to get rid of some weight! I don't know how much, but I have a few pairs of pants here my mom go me a couple years ago that are super cute and I have never been able to wear them...fitting into them is my goal right now! Then we will see what happens from there. I have been doin pretty good with it so far, tryng out the Atkins diet again, it is the only thing that has ever worked for me in the past. And been excersing, besides all the walking I do already, I got some small weights to tone my arms a bit and I've been doing a few sets of crunches every night. My other resolutions are to keep up with my blog more often, not procrastinate so much, and stop letting people walk all over me!! We'll see how that goes, lol!!

No comments: