Friday, January 18, 2008

Good news...maybe!

So, we went out to the Dr. today to get my new letter, all went well. We killed some time out in the lake by going for lunch and doing a little shopping at the Bargain Store (got myself a hair straightener! Woohoo! No more borrowing Stevie's lol!!). THEN on the bus on the way home we past Brian's place and he got on to go to a Dr. apt he had in town. Well after he sits down and says hi to Austin, he says to me he has some good news. Now I am thinking it is going to be something stupid that I won't even care about, lol, that's usually how it goes. BUT, he said to me "Socks should be coming home tomorrow!" I almost started bawling my eyes out right there in the middle of that bus, which was packed with people! It just came out of nowhere, I was getting ready to get my paperwork and photos together and go down to the police station and see if they could do anything for me. But, apparntly, the parents of the girl who has him, don't want to keep him anymore. They got him over Christmas while she was out of school and she was taking care of him, well now school is back in and they are the ones taking care of him and don't want to be. SO, they told Albert to come and get him tomorrow. Albert told Brian not to tell me just in case, but he couldn't resist, he knows how upset I have been about this lately. Now maybe I can start sleeping again! Maybe not tonight, but once he is actually there with Brian again, for sure! And if he does get him back there Austin and I will be going out there next week to spend a night and visit with him...I am soooo excited! BUT, I haven't said anything to Austin yet, not until he is there for sure, I don't want to explain to him why I "lied" ya know!? So, that has me feeling better today, I have felt really out of sorts lately with this weighing on my mind and heart.

We are having a campout night tonight, me and Austin. I got him a couple movies today, and some popcorn and other snacks, the tent is still set up in the living room. We are going to hang out in the tent and watch movies and snack, and hopefully he will fall asleep before me, lol! Somehow I doubt it though, I am exhausted! We were up pretty early to get to that Dr. apt this morning.

1 comment:

ellen s. said...

oh a campout sounds like fun! i bet you guys had a blast!

congrats on all the stuff you have going on!