Friday, April 20, 2007

Busy Day...And more to come!

We have had a busy day today already! We got up at 8:00, got ready to go and jumped on the 9:00 bus into town. We went to Save On Food to hit the case lot sale. What a confusing mess that was! Whatever happened to case lot sales being out in the big tent in the parking lot??? That would have taken me all of about 20 minutes, I had circled everything I wanted in the flyer. But, NO, it took me just over an hour to locate everything scattered all over the sale...in very weird places!! We managed to get everything we needed and called a cab to get home. That was great, until I got home and realized I had forgotten to get some cash out to pay the cab driver!! Ack!! So, I told him I had to go back to town in a while, and he said that was fine. So, I go put all my groceries in the house and have to call for ANOTHER cab back to pretty much where I had left from in the first place, run in the bank to get the money and then pay the driver for BOTH trips!! Man, I did not need that today. Then we ran over to Safeway to get some pop ($2 for a case of 12, so I got 3, lol) and a sandwich, I LOVE Safeway sandwiches!! Then we jumped on the bus and came home to pack. My mom is picking us up in about 25 minutes to go out to her house for the weekend. She is going to Maine Island for the weekend so Austin and I (LOL!) are looking after her pets for her. I had to pack all my history books and notes so I can spend the weekend studying for my exam on Monday. I am so NOT looking forward to this exam, I don't do well on exams to begin with, and History is definitely not one of my strongest subjects. Oh well, as long as I pass, I'll be ok. On Tuesday the three of us (Austin, Brian and I) are heading down to Victoria to visit my grandma. And to try and find a present for Austin at Toys R Us, we have very limited selection for kids toys here and the one actual toy store we do have is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive!! I sent Brian in to ask how much this truck in the window was the other day...$192.00...for a large plastic truck!! I almost died! I am sure we can find a similar thing for half the price in Vitoria. I'm hoping I can hit a scrapbooking store, or at least Michaels, while we are there, too. And that's what my next few days look like. Fun fun fun!!! LOL! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to be able to comment of your blog, Steph !!
This is a great way to get to "know" people a lot better :)
Good luck with your study and your exam on Monday, glad those days are well past me !!