Thursday, April 26, 2007

Home, Sweet Home!!

Austin and I are finally home! We got home around 4pm today, Austin was asleep in the stroller so I left him in it while I spend and hour tidying the house and unpacking. Then we had dinner and are just relaxing in front of come cartoons now. It is soooo good to be home! We were supposed to have been home yesterday but plans got changed on us all over the place. Over the weekend, at my mom's place, I discovered that her phone was having trouble recieving calls (we could make calls no problem, though). So, when she got home Sunday I told her and she called the phone company. I am sure I had told her at least 3 times we were leaving to Victoria on Tuesday, but I hear her telling the phone people that yes, she can have her daughter be at the house on Tuesday for the repairman!!! So, I had to call Brian and change our plans for Victoria. Then that got all confusing because Brian had to be back here for a dr. appointment Thurs. (today). We eventually decided we could go on Wednesday, do what we needed to do, and Brian could come back early Thurs. morning and we would come back later. Ok then! So Monday my mom dropped Austin at the babysitter and me off at school to write my History exam. I finished in just over an hour, first one finished, not that that is a good thing! I really don't know how I did on it, I hate long answer questions, am horrible at them, and that's all it was. So, we shall see in a couple weeks when the grades get posted. After the test I picked Austin up at the sitter and we rode the bus out to Cobble Hill to a new scrapbook store I had heard about it. Well, I thought I had died and went to heaven when I went in there! She has a little fenced off area for the kids so Austin went and played in there and we could see each other from anywhere I went in the store, loved that! AND, the best part I think, the lady who owns it has 2 boys, no girls, so she makes sure to keep boy-ish papers etc. in the store. I found some awesome papers, saw some brands that I had never ever seen in person before...like Crate paper, of which I bought a whole bunch, lol! Anyways, definitely worth the bus ride, and I will definitely be visiting there often!!! Then we came home, dropped off some stuff, packed up some other stuff to take back to my mom's and got back on the bus to go meet my mom. Then we went back to her house for the night, and the repairman came and fixed the phone on Tuesday. Wednesday morning (yesterday) we got up and came home to unpack and repack our bags to go catch the bus to Victoria. Well, as we are coming in the house Brian calls to say his friend has some work for him and wants to stay and go to work because he didn't really want to get up and catch the early bus back home anyways. I was ticked off. I wouldn't have been going to Victoria in the first place if it weren't for him! He was supposed to be going to a dr. there on Tuesday, and was whining and complaining that we never go with him, so I decided we could go. Then his appointment got cancelled but he wanted to go anyways, since he had actually managed to get me to go. And then he went and decided he wasn't going at all at the last minute!! Aaarrgghhhhhh!!! Anyways, I was mad and upset but it was too late to do anything about it, we still had to go because my grandma was expecting us. So, we got our stuff packed and then spent half an hour standing in line at the Income Assictance office to get my cheque (I was a little brain-dead at the beginning of the month and didn't take my paperwork back, so it didn't get deposited in my account) something I totally did not have time for! Then we went and picked up some TV trays, lol, at the thrift store. This probably could have waited but my friend had told me about a deal she spotted and I didn't want to miss out!! The trays had to be taken to my mom's work and be put in the trunk of her car. Then we were finally off to the bus! We got there with moments to spare. The busride was uneventful. We got to Victoria around 1pm and from there we headed to Toys R Us with my grandma, after some lunch at the mall food court. We wandered around FOREVER! I kept picking things up, finding something else and changing my mind, then changing my mind again, lol. I was really looking for a bus of some kind but the only one we found was a Little People bus, and all they had was PINK ones!?! This bothered me a lot, probably more than it should have, lol. I finally settled on a really neat wooden train with all kinds of stacking parts. It reminded me of the stuff that the Infant Development lady brings to the house with her so I knew it would be something that might help with his development, which is always a good thing! I also got him a set of the books about busses, closest I could get to a toy bus, lol. And a Cars movie poster for his room. After the toy store we went to Michaels and I spent way too much money, but I will be busy for a while!! Hey, I deserved it for surviving that awful History course!!! We went for Chinese food for dinner, then I ran into The Bay to get a set of sheets for Austins new bed that my mom ordered on her Sears card (that's another story! LOL!). Then we caught the bus to my grandmas house, unloaded our bags, I ran to the corner store to get some milk and we all went to bed, we were sooooo exhausted. This morning we got up and relaxed around my grandma's for a little while before catching the bus to the bus depot and then getting on the bus home. When we got home we just missed the bus to our house so we went into Safeway and got a few groceries to kill time until the next bus and then finally came home! And here we are. It is about time to put Austin to bed and then if I have enough energy maybe I'll work on creating something while I watch CSI and Grey's. It is Thursday isn't it? LOL! I am so tired and mixed up tonight. I need a good nights sleep in MY OWN BED!!! Woohooo!!
Here are a couple of photos from our adventures! First is Austin giving my mom's dog Sadie a big hug, and then is Austin riding a tractor with Bob The Builder in the mall.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, we missed you, girl - so glad you're back. Love your new pictures of Austin - what a cutie he is!!