Thursday, May 03, 2007

Photo A Day - May 3rd

I have decided that my photos for the month are going to be of Austin and the things he loves. Yesterday was apples. Today I got a cute shot of him with his favorite stuffy after he woke up from his nap. I have no idea where he even got this little bunny, I think my grandma may have sent it with a bunch of other stuff before he was even born. And then again, maybe not. Who knows! All I know is that he absolutely loves the thing. He sleeps with it every night, and every nap. Except for the couple days it was in the laundry after Austin took it for a swim in the toilet! LOL! Here's the photo: We were also given a mini challenge to photograph a pet peeve. I chose my smoke detector. In the year that I have lived here this smoke detector has become my biggest pet peeve, I hate this thing!!! First of all, as you can see, it is hanging from the ceiling. No, it's not disconnected! I have tried many times to get up there and get it to stay up, but it refuses. But, what I really hate about this smoke detector is how sensitive it is. And not just to smoke, it seems to be sensitive to heat in general. And it is only about 6 feet from my oven. Every night when I make supper I have to set up a fan on a stack of boxes under the smoke detector, turn on the overhead fan above my stove, and open my front door, to make sure it doesn't go off. And if it DOES go off, it takes quite a lot of towel waving to get it turn off again!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would annoy me no end as well, Steph, so you are not alone !!!!!

Cheryl