Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Productive weekend and an interesting Monday

I got quite a bit of scrapping done this weekend. Felt good after having hardly any time to scrap this month with school ending and then being away. I got 2 sets of wooden wall decor done, one for Austin's room and another for Lesley's little baby boy who will be arriving in July. I am so overly excited about this baby, lol, and I don't even see her very often. We used to work together and she is just such a sweet girl. It's a good thing Austin isn't quite old enough to be jealous yet though, since he has been Lesley's "little prince" ever since he was born! Anyways, I have so many more things planned to make for the baby, I love making baby things!!! I also got a couple layouts done for some challenges. One of Austin that I had started about two weeks ago, but halfway finished it I realized two of the photos had gone missing. I must have spent about 20 minutes asking Austin to show me where he put them, he started crying and made me feel awful, lol, and I turned the house upside down trying to find them. Finally I gave up and worked on something else. Well, Saturday afternoon I am sitting at the computer and the little bugger walks up and hands me the two photos!!! I have NO IDEA where he was hiding them! Another layout I got done was of some prom night photos, and the third was a Jesse layout. Every time I finish a Jesse layout I think it is the last one, that I have finished that chapter in the scrapbook of my life. But, alas, the guy just won't leave my head, and I always think of another idea for a layout about him and our relationship. Anyways, here it all is:

The baby decor:

Austin's new room decor:

Breakfast in Bed (this is the one Austin hid the pictures):

These are the Days (prom night in the limo):

Bittersweet Memories (this is a park Jesse and I spent alot
of times at that holds many memories)

After all that scrapping, last night around 9:00 I started cleaning my bathroom. I have no idea where the energy came from, but I scrubbed the whole thing down until it sparkled! Then this morning when I got up I just kept going. I set a goal about two weeks ago to have my whole house cleaned up before Austin's birthday on May 13th when I have to have people in my house and don't want to be embarrassed by the mess! LOL! I still have boxes in my living room, packed, from when we first moved here a year ago. There is this one giant one my mom keeps asking me what is in it and I have NO clue! So, I started in the entranceway this morning, tidying up the closet, the shoes that Austin pulls down everytime we leave the house, and the cat food that he spilled everywhere, lol! I also cleaned out one box, completely got rid of it, woohoo! and then filled the space with two boxes of Brian's things that he asked me to store for him. When that was done I moved into the kitchen. I rearranged things, completely cleared off my counters, and the top of my fridge for the first time ever, lol. And put my paper towel holder back up that fell down MONTHS ago!! So, now I have a sparkly clean bathroom and kitchen, woohooooo!!! It feels good, now if I can just KEEP it that way! Tomorrow I am going to take the burners are plate things out of the stoved and clean them, and keep foil in the plates from now on (I really should have changed that sooner, I usually do, I HATE cleaning the things). Oh, and I keep forgetting the microwave, it's scary, LOL!! The I have to move onto the living room, and find out what is in the mystery box, LMAO!!

But, anyways, cleaning was not the interesting part of my day, though that is about as interesting as it gets around here on many occasions! No, the interesting part was the fire across the street today that I totally DID NOT NOTICE!! Brian called around supper time to make sure we were ok, and I had no idea what he was talking about. He told me there had been a fire in an apartment building on my block. When he said this I suddenly remembered that while I was making supper I had heard sirens and had thought they were going on for a very long time. They didn't seem loud/close though so I didn't think anything more about it. Even when, a few minutes later, I smelled smoke. I just assumed I was smelling someones cigarettes coming in from ouside since my door was wide open. But, no, it was the smell of a burning building. I had to wait until 11pm to watch the news and see what had happened. At first I thought it HAD been one of our buildings (there are two buildings on this property), the footage they showed it looked just like our building. It wasn't, I didn't I could be quite THAT clueless! But it was right across the street. It spread very fast through 7 suites, totally ruined the roof, and most of the suites in the building ended up with water damage. It looked like, on the news, that it was quite a few families with small children that were put out of their homes. They did open up the community centre for the anyone who has no friends/family to stay with in town. It is so sad and really makes a person think about what if it HAD happened in our building? I have not prepared in any way for anything like this, although if we had an earthquake tonight we do have a whole case of water and lots of fruit in the fridge! But, we have no insurance, no rental insurance, no insurance for in case anything happens to me. It really has made me start to think about what would happen if anything DOES happen to me, what will happen to Austin? Anyways, for now I am just glad it wasn't us, and my heart goes out to the families who were affected.

OK, enough of all that serious talk! Here's a couple funny photos of Austin from yesterday. He's such a goofy kid! He is obsessed with his boot lately and keeps putting them on (on the wrong feet of course, lol). These were taken at diaper changing time, lol, I just had to get a photo of his silly outfit!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a good spring clean and it makes you feel sooo GOOD after wards.... you have been very busy, Steph !!!