Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back in the swing of things

Wow, did I ever lose track of pretty much everything for a while there! We had Austin's birthday party on May 12th. The whole week leading up to that we were extremely busy every single day, I didn't turn my computer on ALL WEEK! It totally exhausted me and I am just now getting back into some kind of routine. I'm still exhausted and my whole body hurts, but at least I have time to relax now! And scrap!! LOL!! I managed to keep up with my photo a day until about the 20th and then I gave up, lol, was just too much. I will try to share a couple each day until I get them all posted. OK, time for some catch-up...

LIFE IN GENERAL: Austin's birthday was lots of fun. I invited about 12 kids, and we had 3 show up, from the same family, lol. But, it ended up being the perfect amount. I don't think me or my apartment could have handled anymore than that!! I premade some shakers with paper plates and rice/cheerios, got some stickers and let the kids go town with those. Then they decorated their own cupcakes with gummy bears and sprinkles and had some jello with that. Then Austin opened his presents. The kids got him a bubble machine so we went out in the yard and set that up and they had an absolute blast!! Austin kept asking me "bubboos?" for days after that, lol! He had another party the next weekend at Donae's house, since her and the girls weren't able to make it here for the first one. He had lots of fun at that one too. Not spoiled or anything eh? LOL!! Other than that, there hasn't been a whole lot going on around here. Yesterday we went out to Lake Cowichan to our Dr. Austin had his 2 year checkup and I talked to him about some pain I have been having in my whole lower half of my body, from my lower back down. He said he sees the same thing in a lot of moms when their kids get to be between 30-40 pounds and they are having to carry them around a lot. He did give me some stronger pain killers than the ones I have already been taking for my hips, so we will see if those help. Brian spent the night last night and today we got up early and went to the Salvation Army to get some food they put out in the mornings. I am thinking I will probably start going everyday just for something to get me up in the morning! Then we ran around doing some errands and enjoying the sunshine. Got three prize packs I have been waiting for in the mail today, talk about a good mail day!! Now Brian is here, Austin is in bed and we are watching some tv. Tomorrow we have a fun day to go to thatthe Child Development Services is putting on, should be fun!

SCRAPPING: I have been managing to get quite a bit of scrapping done. I entered a So You Think You Can Scrap contest over at scraplovers.com and have made it to the 4th round so far!! So excited about this, I have never made it this far in these kinds of contests before. And I have joined Lucy's Diva Designers at her My Sketch World blog.

Here are my entries for the SYTYCS contest so far:

Week 1: Use no patterned paper and a song title:

Week 2: Scrap some part of your family history and use some memorabilia on the page. My memorabilia is from a trip my grandma and I took together to the UK.
Week 3: Find an album/CD cover to use as inspiartion for a layout and use your favorite technique:
Here is the album cover I chose:

And here is my layout. I did not do this artwork myself. I printed the images from the computer, transferred them and colored them in. I did add some of my own doodles to tie it all in together. The photo is Austin sitting on the base of a totem pole downtown.

For this weeks challenge we were given descriptions of 7 dance techniques. We have to choose which description best fits our own personality and scrap our layouts in a style that we think suits that dance technique and show why we think that technique fits us. I'm stumped, but I'm sure I will come up with something!

No comments: