Monday, February 25, 2008

Holy Attitude Batman!

We had SUCH a loooooooong day today!!

Started out the day jumping on the 8am bus over to my aunt's place to watch my cousin for a couple hours and take him to school. After that we jumped on the bus again and went to town. I did a little bit of shopping at one of our liquidator stores that gets some really cool scrappy stuff...did someone say RAKs??? Make sure you're watching the Sassy Scrappers board, you never know when I may decide to spread the goodness!!

After that we went to the Income Assistance office and dropped off some paper work. Now I am just waiting for a phone call to make an appointment with the Persons with Persistent Multiple Barriers (Disability1) worker. I hope it is not the one disability worker we have always had problems with...she is just so rude, and uncaring, and gives me the dirtiest looks everytime I walk through that door. Me!! I still have my kid, I don't drink or do drugs, I RARELY need extra money (usually I ask my parents first anyways, lol). and I DON'T abuse the system!! I take care of myself and Austin, and I do a damned good job of it, so WHAT is her problem with ME????

Anyways....dropped the papers off, tried to see my mom at work but it was lunch time and the place was locked up. So, we stopped and grabbed a couple bottles of water....and missed the bus we were planning to catch out to Cobble Hill to the LSS. Crap!!

At this point I am thinking we should just go home...Austin ran and hid with his new book when we had to leave the store. He laid on the floor of the Assistance office until some total stranger {guy} came over and grabbed his other hand and said to him "now, you're mom is a nice wonderful person, you should be good to her and get up, it's time to go" {nice!!!} then he helped me pull him up...to his knees and he started walking towards the door on his knees! So, the guy helped me to pull him to his feet, but he bent his legs and pulled his feet up under him. FINALLY he put his feet down and started walking...no, running...toward the door! Soooo embarassed! So, then we're in the store getting the bottles of water. He is flinging himself all over the floor, crawling between peoples legs, pushing his way through them, climbing on the bars between the two lineups. So I am trying to hold him, with a heavy bag in one hand, and the lady in front of us can't even make enough room on the counter for me to put down my 2 measly bottles of water. Finally we get out of there, and we watch the bus drive by! Arrrghhhh!!!!

Well, we had half an hour to wait whether we went home, or decided to still go to the LSS...we went to the LSS, lol!! We didn't stay long, just long enough to grab a couple things that I KNEW I wanted. And off we went on the bus back to town. We had another half hour to wait before our bus home so we went and got some milk. WELL!! Off he goes again, soon as we walk in the door, doesn't want to walk so he sits on the floor, finally gets up and starts running in the opposite direction. Back at the busstop he was running around playing tag with some girls...up until now I had been trying to keep some control over him, but I was so exhausted I just let him play. We got on the bus, with him kicking and screaming that he wanted to play tag...didn't want to get OFF the bus when we got to our stop. BUT, finally he walked nicely home with me from there, came in the house and asked me for a bottle and to lie down on my bed. I let him, I didn't have it in me to fight with him for the next two hours until bed time. So, he napped, and I didn't care! I care now, sine it is 10pm and he has JUST gone to sleep, but at that moment I needed a break, and if him sleeping was the only way I was gonna get it, so be it!!

Now it's he's finally asleep and it's time to scrap...maybe! We'll see! LOL!!

Here's what I've done the last couple nights for some challenges at a crop on Scrappin' Mojo! LOVING the round pages right now, not sure why, but I've got another one in the works. Also LOVING the Making Memories Noteworthy line! YUM YUM!!!!




No comments: