Thursday, February 21, 2008

Setting the Record Straight!

So, I have had the most screwed up week this week, starting on the weekend. This is going to be long, but I want the whole story out there so no one can accuse me of anything I have not done! This is the honest to goodness truth as far as my involvement in anything. This is not meant to bash anyone, or any site, but I feel I have done nothing wrong, and yet, I am getting a great deal of negative comments, messages and emails. I am going to post names....I said I want to get the truth out there, and I don't feel I can do that without naming names!

Here goes...

On Saturday night there was some kind of glitch on the Priceless Scrapbooks site. We had been working on setting up a new message board, had put a lot of work into it and the whole thing was somehow deleted. As well, a few members accounts were misteriously deleted from the original board. No one seems to know what happened, but it upset a great number of people, especially one in particular whose account had been deleted. Frankie jumped to conclusions and posted some nasty remarks about the situation at MMFY. She also made some accusations about who had been involved with "banning" her (even though the had not been banned at all) and also accused myself and Amy of recruiting members of MMFY to come to Priceless Scrapbooks. Neither of us had done any such thing!

Amy and I were discussing the problems with the Priceless Scrapbooks site and we decided to start a new board of our own. Meanwhile, Amy was trying to get in to MMFY to prove to Frankie she had not been on her site in a long time, and therefor had not recruited anyone from there. She was unable to log in to her account. She tried requesting her password and emailing administrator, and nothing was done, she was locked out.

I spent the last few days in the middle of the situation between Frankie and Amy. I thought it had finally been dropped and forgotten. This morning I got a message from Frankie, asking if Amy and I had indeed set up a new site, and if she could have the link to it. I told her I wanted to check with Amy first as she was still unable to get into MMFY. I copied and pasted two messages I had sent to Amy, and one message Amy had sent to me, to show her what had been happening. She had been insisting Amy was not banned, and Amy had kept trying to get into the site and was still unsuccesful. In return to my perfectly calm and pleasant message to Frankie, I received a response full of the most foul, vile language I had ever seen from any adult person. I was shocked, and I was angry. I had not done anything wrong, I had been perfectly polite, pleasant, even had told Frankie if Amy was ok with it I would love to have her at the new site. I did not deserve to be subjected to that! So, I will admit, I responded with a somewhat foul message of my own, and told her while she was gone to "really ban" Amy, she had might as well do that same to me, that there was no way I was going to be putting up with being spoken to in that way.

I went out for the day, and ya know, I was ok with how things had turned out. Not happy of course, it was not a pleasant situation, but I had accepted it, had no regrets, and was moving on.

This evening I received an email saying I had a message at MMFY. Of course, Frankie had de-activated my account and I could not log in to read it. The email did tell me who the message was from though, so I tracked Melanie down at another site I knew she went to and sent her a message explaining I could not get in to read her message and what did it say. I was informed that "I" had posted a message on her latest gallery entry at MMFY saying "This is UGLY, why would you share this?" For the second time today I was in total shock at what I was reading. Melanie happens to be one of my favorite scrappers, I have LOVED everything I have ever seen of hers. Besides that, I have NEVER posted any comments on ANYTHING in the MMFY gallery. I honestly do not feel comfortable leaving comments on anyone else's work, don't know why, just one of my many quirks :) So, I don't know how someone got into my account to post a comment under my name, only assumptions. But I will tell you I am LIVID!

I'd like to say to Melanie, and anyone else who may have experienced any rude comments left on my behalf in the MMFY gallery...no matter who you are, what your scrapping style is, I have never, will never, leave any negative comments on anyone's work. We are all in this hobby to create keepsakes for our families, there is nothing negative to be said about that, no matter what the final product looks like. I would also like to say that I am very, truly sorry that you have been dragged into the middle of this, it is completely unfair, not to mention immature.

If you have any questions for me, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.

Thank you...truth is freeing!

10 comments:

Nessa said...

It's all good babe :) Those of us who know you know you would NEVER say something like that. This has been a sick and demented game we have all been drug into. Shake it off! :) I mean SHOOT....... what the heck lol

Melanie Seppeler said...

So sorry you (and I) have had to go thru this! Thank you for giving the details here on your blog, it has helped alot of the questions I have had, that others have been dancing around. {hugs}, I wish you all the best with your new site w/ Amy! See ya there soon! ~Mel

Unknown said...

Sorry you got hit by the board nazi. I knwo she must have hacked your account (since she insists on having everyone's password) and made comments to make you look bad....because so many people get banned for no reason she looks bad unless she purposely makes them look bad....now its getting really hard to make herself look good so she resorts to that. Don't stress on it. Just ignore her and what she does.
She told everyone I called her a bitch. I myself refuse to fight online and do not call anyone names. I am sure I looke terrible to everyone there but nothing I can do (: Just move on. My life can't hinge on her taking her meds.
I just wanted to scrap! Not be emailed every 5 minutes telling me I am taking attention away from her and stop posting.

Anonymous said...

Oh Geez I Was Away And All This Happened .. Yikes.. I Just Think This Is Some Childish Stuff This Girl has Pulled Don't Let It Get You Down Or Anything .. Your Awesome Steph And Everyone Knows It.. Your Not One To Say Things About People We All Know That .. Huggz For Ya .. Love The New Site .. It Rawks!!!!!!

Steph said...

Thanks girls!! Is it horrible of me to feel better knowing I am not the only one who has been through this with her?? 'Cause I am! LOL!! I'm sorry about what you went through too Cristal. Just plain crazy I tell ya! LOL! Thanks for coming and hanging out with us at Sassy Scrappers ladies! I know it is going to be a GREAT place for us all to hang out at and just scrap without any stress!!

If you know of anyone who has questions, like Mel mentioned there are questions and no one seems to want to address them. Please direct them here, and if they have further questions they can email me.

Thanks again ladies! I appreciate the support!

Anonymous said...

hey Steph....I am so sorry that this all happened to you. I knew there was WAY more to this story than just what was posted and I had a feeling you were treated badly. my time there is numbered, I am always in hot water with 'her' and I know she dislikes me - so I won't give her the satisfaction of quitting. I invited my friends in there and they have been mistreated also - it is embarrassing. I wish you well and have fun with your new place.

Anonymous said...

First off Steph I am sorry this has happened - I have known there were more sides to the stories considering the number of people who have been banned since I joined the site. I'm not sure why people continue to put up with her crap but like a couple of your posters here, I'm not giving her the satisfaction of just leaving.

Scrappin_Amy said...

Im here for you Steph as I was in the boat with you...lol And Pinky, "Krankie" says I called her the B word too and I didnt...but I thought it !!!! She tried to tell me she had 7 site owner that were mad at me and said I was the biggest _____ they ever met. Funny cause I think I have even only be really active on 5 sites....lol When i asked her to please tell me the names of those who were saying these things about me she stopped emailing me....lol and even more funny U have gotten MANY MANY emails, posts and chats from ladies who HATE "Krankie" even more that I cant stand her right now. The stories they tell are really bad and I think I got the nice end of her rath !!
So to all those ladies out there who has had trouble with Frankie....aka Krankie please know your not alone and Your more than welcome to come join us at Sassy Scrappers and talk to us about it :)
I love you Steph !!!!!

Lucy Chesna said...

sorry this happened to you girlie

Anonymous said...

hi steph! just found this post thru a website *wink*...i want you to know that there are more members who left that lunatic. remember the survivor contest? that started it all for us.