Thursday, March 06, 2008

Finally some progress! And some Spring!

Well, I sent off a letter to the people who run my apartment on Monday. Today one of them was at the door...the owners of the apartment upstairs are apparently going to be here on the weekend to do repairs. A carpet cleaner is coming on Monday afternoon to clean the part of the carpet that got soaked. And I am to make a list of all my damaged property and give it to them. Finally! Man I should have sent that letter sooner! There is also someone coming to fix my dripping tap...yay!! It has been driving me nuts forever! Now I just to drag all my stuff out of the room and find somewhere to put it before Monday! That is going to be a chore and a half!

I also finally have an appointment with a Disability worker next week to go in for my inteview and hopefully find out whether I get on or not. And where I go from there as far as getting my orthotics. Our family support worker called this morning and is going to pick us up that morning and take us to the appointment :)

I called a few places yesterday, trying to get out of this apartment altogether! Two of them didn't pan out...too small and they only wanted one person in them. But, the other sounds good, I just hope the guy calls back to let me see it! It is still only 1 bedroom, but that is all we can afford. But, it has a yard, the guy said they have a dog in there right now, so I could bring Socks there with me! And, it is about $30 more than what I will be paying here, but part of the utilities are included! So, got my fingers crossed for now!

I also found an ad in the paper for a desk job that I would have no problem doing...just don't know where it is! I hate that! Anyways, gotta get my resume together and see if my mom will fax it over for me. It's worth a shot, as long as it doesn't screw up any chance I have at getting my orthotics!



And Spring is in the air!! We actually went out to the park for an hour or so yesterday and had a good time. It started to get a little chilly when the sun moved behind a cloud and the wind picked up. But it was fun, Austin had a blast and I got some cute photos!



And some work to share...

7 comments:

Kim said...

Great projects Steph!! So sorry you're having so many apartment issues. I hope you are able to find something you like soon and can get out of there. You're little boy is adorable!!

scrappermimi said...

Love your new stuff girl! Looks great! I love your pics from the day at the park, looks like fun!

Hope the job and apartment pan out for you! Good luck and fingers crossed!

Nessa said...

Awwww Steph :) those are some great pics of Austin!!!! Love them!

Karen Brooks said...

Love the new pics of Austin!!! Sorry to hear about all the issues with the apartment - my fingers are crossed for you!!! Keep up the great scrappy work!!!

Tammy said...

Those are awesome pics of Austin, can't wait to see what you do with them! Sorry to hear your still have apt. issues. I wish you luck in finding the right apt!

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendy said...

Good luck on the apartment...I hope it works out. Hopefully the job will too :-) Hugs!