Saturday, March 01, 2008

Where did the day go?

I slept it away, that's where! I seriously spent most of the day sleeping on the couch today...my iron count took a dive today and threw me for a serious loop! Dosing up on iron supplements, tylenol, coffee, and some food right now...I gotta wake up and SCRAP!!

We've got tons of fun challenges happening at Sassy Scrappers right now...make sure you come on over and join us...lots of great prizes and RAKs up for grabs too!!


Yesterday was a good day though! I got a call from our family support person. I had actually forgotten all about her, it had been a while since she had called, so when I ran into her on Wednesday it took me a minute to realize who she was when she started talking to me! LOL! Anyways, she called yesterday to check in with us and see how things we going. I told her we still hadn't found a place, but that things were movin along with the ministry as far as getting my orthotics. I took my application for disability in on Monday and they said I would get a call for an appointment with whoever does the intake inteviews. I told her I was worried about the appointment though because I don't know which workers do them and I have had major problems with one of the disability workers in the past...even though I am not even on disability and therefore shouldn't even have to deal with her! So, te family support person got almost excited andtold me those are exactly the things she is here to help with. She gave me some dates and times she is available so I can set up the appointment and she can come with me as an advocate! And make sure I don't get pushed around!! She will even come pick up Austin and I, take us to the appointment and bring us home! I am soooooo glad! She had told me if I had no one else to come she could come check out apartments/houses with me, but I never even though about calling her for this appointment, so glad she called when she did!!

We went to town for a while yesterday too, got some acrylic stuff to do a crop class over at Scrap City. It was a neat prject, I got mine done last night. I also got an explosion box done that my mom had ordered from me for a friend of hers. Trying to get my energy levels up so I can get some more scrappin done tonight.

Here are the projects from yesterday


Plexiglass/Acrylic panels:

Explosion Box...this actuall took all week!

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

totally love both your projects sooo super cute!! great job Steph

Karen Brooks said...

Love that explosion box!!! What a great idea to use hinges on the plexiglass - I've never thought of that..........def a lift coming on sweetie!!!